Energetic voice actor with career-spanning experience in working magic with the spoken word. A sophisticated, remarkable voice, with a smooth alto pitch that’s ideal for many VO projects, from the C-suite to luxury retail. Particularly interested in audiobook narration; currently has 2 published audiobooks and 3 more in process.
Areas of Focus
Commercials, documentaries, explainer/image/sizzle videos, promos, and audiobooks.
• Voice actor on Voquent, VoicesUS, Bodalgo, Ahab, Findaway Voices, ACX, Voice123, VO Planet
• Audiobook Narrator
o By Ox Team to California by Lavinia Honeyman Porter; Destiny Begins by Sharon Lea
• CPA tax expert, Washington, DC: national conference presentations, corporate narration, webinars
• Radio news anchor and director at WKAZ-AM, Charleston, WV
• Community theatre with the Kanawha Players and the Charleston Light Opera Guild (Charleston WV)
o Vanities, Man Who Came To Dinner, Dark of the Moon, Oklahoma, Showboat
• Audition Warriors! Rachel Alena, Big Fish Talent
o Group class, 8 sessions. Audition skills tune-up, with live script reads and feedback.
• Automotive VO Session, sponsored by Troy Holden Voices
o Group class with Jenna Birmingham and Cliff Zellman. Read automotive scripts, with feedback from Jenna, Cliff, and the class. Learned the three tiers of the automotive world, as well as the “15 Points of Automotive” for VO.
• Political Voiceover Workshop with Brandon Perry, Sound Nectar Studios
o Group class with live reads. Learned the correct approach to voicing political ads.
• Coming Up With Keywords with V123 Pros
o Group class with live reads and identification of the best Voice123 keywords to characterize my voice.
• Immersive VO Course, Rachel Alena, Big Fish Talent
o Private class, 8 sessions. Vocal training, types of VO, studio setup, audition training, demo production.
• Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Drama from West Virginia State University